Chinese Government Scholarships strategy was taken by the Chinese Government to develop education, trade, culture, exchanges in education and politics, collaboration and mutual understanding between other countries and China.
Chinese Universities are awarding Chinese Government Scholarships like CSC Scholarships, CAS-TWAS Scholarships, Confucius Institute scholarships, Chinese Provincial Government Scholarships and a lot of scholarships to international students every year. CSC scholarships 2019 are available now for Bachelor, Master or doctoral (Ph.D.) degree courses in different drills taught in English & Chinese language in Chinese Universities. CSC Scholarships are provided in more than 243 Chinese Universities per year.
Chinese Government Scholarship Programs
1. Bilateral Program
This program incorporates full or constrained scholarships considering the instructive trade understandings between the Chinese government and governments of different nations, establishments, universities or worldwide associations. It enables undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars, and senior scholars. Candidates will apply to the dispatching experts for abroad examination. If you are interested, apply between early November and next February. Please counsel the WMO Secretariat to know the particular due date of every year.
2. Chinese University Program
This is a full scholarship for selected Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports undergraduates, postgraduate students, and doctoral students. Applicants shall apply to the selected Chinese universities undertaking this program.
You have to apply between early January and early April. Please consult the Chinese universities for the specific deadline of each year.
3. Great Wall Program
This is a full scholarship for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to support students and scholars in progressing countries to study and research in China. It only helps general scholars and senior scholars. Applicants shall apply to the National Commissions for UNESCO in their home countries.
You have to apply between early January and early April. It would be ideal if you counsel the National Commission for UNESCO in your nation of origin for the particular due date of every year.
4. EU Program
This is a full grant to empower understudies from EU part nations to study and research in China so as to advance common comprehension among China and EU individuals. It underpins undergraduate students, graduate students, general researchers, and senior researchers. Candidates will apply to the Office for Education and Culture, Mission of the P. R. China to the European Union.
You have to apply between early January and early April. It would be ideal if you counsel the Office for Education and Culture, Mission of P. R. China to the European Union (alluded to as the EU office) for the particular due date of every year
5. AUN Program
This is a full scholarship for the ASEAN University Network (AUN) to support students, teachers and scholars from ASEAN part countries to consider in China and to upgrade the scholarly trade and common comprehension among China and ASEAN individuals. It just backings graduates. Candidates will apply to AUN Secretariat.
You have to apply between early January and early April. If it’s not too much trouble counsel the ASEAN University Network (AUN) Secretariat for the particular due date of every year.
6. PIF Program
This is a full scholarship to support students from Pacific island nations to ponder in China. It underpins undergraduates, graduates, general researchers, and senior researchers. Candidates will apply to Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) Secretariat.
You have to apply between early January and early April. It would be ideal if you counsel the PIF Secretariat for the particular due date of every year.
7. WMO Program
This is a scholarship for the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to support worldwide students to study and lead examine in meteorology, hydrology, and water assets supervision and the board in China. It just backings students and graduates. Candidates will apply to WMO.
You have to apply between early November and next February. It would be ideal if you counsel the WMO Secretariat for the particular due date of every year.
What are the categories of CSC Scholarships?
There are 3 scholarship categories –
- CSC Scholarship Category A,(Select it if you apply via Embassy)
- CSC Scholarship Category B,(Select it if you apply to University)
- CSC Scholarship Category C,(Select it if you apply via other sources).
You will choose CSC Scholarship Category Type B in CSC Scholarship Online Application System as you are applying to the Chinese universities directly.
What are the benefits?
- Undergrad Program CSC Scholarship: CNY 2500 RMB Monthly Stipend, and free accommodation, free tuition,
- Master Program Students CSC Scholarship: CNY 3000 RMB Monthly Stipend, and free room, free tuition,
- Doctoral Program Students CSC Scholarship: CNY 3500 RMB Monthly
Stipend, free room, free tuition.
Who can apply?
(1) Be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
(2) Not be a volunteer degree student in Chinese universities during the time of application.
(3) Be a master’s degree holder below the age of forty while applying for doctoral programs.
(4) Be a bachelor’s degree holder below the age of thirty-five when applying for master’s programs.
(5) Be impressive in academic and extra-curricular performance and yet not be rewarded any other scholarships provided by the government, organizations or institutes in China.
How to apply?
When you are applying for a CSC Scholarship, kindly remember that an invitation letter or an acceptance letter from a professor of Chinese University is compulsory. Candidates of Chinese Government Scholarship may pursue the below steps to submit a CSC Scholarship application:
Fifteen easy steps to apply for the CSC Scholarship in a Chinese University :
- Look for the Chinese University offering CSC Scholarships
- Find the CSC Scholarship webpage of University
- Make an account on the China Scholarship Council website
- Complete CSC Scholarship Online application form
- Choose category B for CSC Scholarship
- Choose University name and fill agency number of university
- Submit the CSC Scholarship form and download pdf
- Attach all necessary documents with CSC scholarship pdf form
- Check if University require different admission application or not
- If admission application needed then fill University form and download
- Check if University need an application fee or not
- Submit application fee (if needed)
- Attach admission application, documents & CSC Scholarship pdf form
- Make 2 sets and send on University address
- Wait for CSC Scholarship Results.
Following 2 steps will provide you the help you need on how to apply for the CSC Scholarship:
Step 1: Fill the CSC Scholarship Online Application Form :
- Make your profile and CSC scholarship web account
- Complete CSC Scholarship Online Application Form
- Create different CSC portal accounts if you want to apply to over one University
- Look for the agency number of Chinese university where you wish to study
- Put agency number of your Chinese University, in CSC Scholarships online application form
- Choose the type of the CSC Scholarship award that you want and select ‘category B’
- Fill your credentials and degree course you want in China
- Submit your CSC Scholarship online application
- Lastly, download CSC Scholarships online application form
Step 2: How to submit the CSC Scholarship application to the University?
- Find out if that Chinese University needs an online application for admission along with CSC Scholarship application or not
- If an online admission application is not necessary by the university then you have to submit CSC Scholarship online application form only then send your documents to the university
- If they want you to submit an online application for admission to that specific Chinese University, then you have to apply online first on their website and attach your CSC Scholarship form in the online application of that University
- Fill rest of the admission form and CSC scholarship sponsorship form at that specific University site and recheck application before submission
- Submit your application and make two sets of documents and send them to the University address.
Documents Required for CSC Scholarship Application
Please make sure if you can provide attached copies of the degree and transcripts for CSC Scholarships application submission.
- Ask 2 of your teachers to provide you favor for CSC Scholarship application by writing recommendation letters
- Acceptance letter (Consent Letter) from a professor of Chinese University is compulsory. Motivation Letter is suggested while you send emails to professors to request an acceptance letter.
- IELTS certificate or HSK award letter if you have (Both optional), you can also provide a simple certificate showing that your last degree was taught in the English language. It is referred to as the English skills certificate, that is available from your university.
- Schedule an appointment along with your doctor to carry out a complete medical check-up for CSC Scholarship and then ask your doctor to sign and stamp the form
- Write an elaborate and stunning analysis plan and state clear reasons why you wish to select a Chinese University for your next degree? Master’s degree students can write a Study Plan for CSC Scholarship. You may also wish to read how to write a well-researched analysis plan to satisfy the scholarship awarding committee.
- Apply for a passport if you don’t have it currently and make sure you get it at the time of submission of your CSC Scholarship application
- If any specific Chinese University needs an application screening or an application process fee then submit it. Print its receipt and attach it to the two sets of your documents given above
- It is important to choose a trustworthy courier service to send your CSC scholarship application documents directly to the address of that Chinese University.
- The Chinese Government Scholarships provides international students once a year in all Chinese Universities
- You can keep in mind that the deadline for Chinese Scholarship (CSC) differs in all Chinese Universities. So, the hard guess for the deadline of CSC scholarship would be the end of the March.
- If you win the CSC Scholarship, the next step will be to get admission and Chinese Student VISA documents on your address.
Now, you have to create an appointment to visit the Chinese Embassy to apply for a Chinese VISA.
Chinese Government Scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language (preparatory) study. The table below illustrates the duration of each program.
|Supporting Categories||Major Study(year)||Chinese Language(Preparatory Study)(year)||Duration of
|Undergraduate students||4-5||1- 2||4-7|
|Master’s students||2-3||1- 2||2-5|
|Doctoral students||3-4||1- 2||3-6|
|General scholars||up to 1||up to 1||up to 2|
|Senior scholars||up to 1||up to 1||up to 2|
Tips to get CSC Achievement
1. Apply for local scholarships
2. Go for smaller awards scholarships first
3. Research well and write better applications
4.Personalize your application
5.Refrain from introducing yourself in the essay
6.Complete and satisfy your requirements
7.Apply for as many application as you can
8. Never give up on finding and applying for scholarships!
The initial step you can do to gain confidence is that you can apply for local scholarships that are organized by many small business holders or benefactors. Because winning these local scholarships is comparatively easy and open for students more often.
What are your chances to win a CSC Scholarship?
If your grades are above average and you have clear and novel research or study plan then you have high chances of being selected for CSC Scholarship in any of the Chinese University. It has been seen that students with high grades often get declined from Chinese Universities because they do not have a well-written research proposal or study plan. Whereas the average students successfully achieved fully funded Chinese Government Scholarships just because of their full documentation and well analyzed and correctly written study plan or research proposal.
Is IELTS Required for CSC Scholarship?
No, IELTS is not necessary for the Chinese Government Scholarship. Applicants can submit the English Proficiency Certificate which is considered as an alternative of IELTS to apply for CSC Scholarship.
Age Requirement for CSC Scholarship for undergrad, Master, and Ph.D. Programs:
- The maximum age requirement for the undergrad degree program to apply for CSC scholarship is 25 years.
- The maximum age requirement for the master’s degree program to apply for CSC scholarship is 35 years.
- The maximum age requirement for Ph.D. (doctoral) program to apply for CSC scholarship is 40 years.
List of Chinese Universities Without Application Fee for CSC Scholarship 2019
A complete list of Chinese universities without application fee 2019 for scholarships is updated so all international students can apply with ease. Download this list today so you can first apply in all Chinese universities where you are not required to pay any admission application fee. Have a look below list of Universities and navigate to their official international student admission websites and complete application procedure accordingly for CSC scholarship or Confucius scholarship or any other scholarship which that particular university offer. Ideally, you can apply for CSC scholarship in such universities but for safety, you can also consider applying for local provincial government scholarships offered by that university.
Few Chinese universities without application fee 2019-2020
- CQU (Chongqing University), China Application processing fee is not required
- CNU (Capital Normal University) China
- The Dalian University of Technology, Liaoning state, China
- NWPU, Shaanxi State, China
- Southeast University, Nanjing
- UESTC (University of Electronic Science & Technology), China
- Sichuan University, China
- SJTU (Shanghai Jiao Tong University), China
- Wuhan University of technology, city Wuhan, Hebei state, China
- Shandong University, state Shandong, China.
- NUAA, Nanjing city, province: Jiangsu
- Tianjin University,
- Fujian University
- Southwest University
- CQUPT (Chongqing University of Post & Telecommunications), China
- Wuhan University, Hebei state, Wuhan city, China
- HEU, (Harbin Engineering University), China
- Harbin University of science and technology.
- Zhejiang Sci-Tech University.
- Yanshan University,
- NANJING AGRICULTURE, Jiangsu state, city Nanjing
- HUAZHONG AGRI.”No Application Processing Fee”
- NORTHWEST AGRI, No Application Processing Fee
- SHANDONG university.No Application Processing Fee
- The Renmin University of China.
- Northeast Normal University.
- Northwest A & F University.
- Shaanxi Normal University.