Recently study gap has become a common thing. Day by day as the number of competition rising, the number of drop year is rising as well. Recently we are getting a lot of questions that ‘What is study gap’?
What is Study Gap
Students can take study breaks for different reasons. Sometimes students drop a year or more for entrance exam preparation. Some of them join an institute but try for a better option next year. When such student takes admission in abroad university they are asked for a study gap certificate. Usually, a break has taken between the end of high school and starting college. Some students may take before starting secondary education or after graduating from university.
Students can take a break in their life stages such as between school and university, between the university and formal work life.
Why Take a Gap Year?
There have many reasons for taking a gap year. Usually, students take it as an opportunity to gain professional or personal experience, achieve specific goals. If you are taking a gap, think very carefully, is it the right decision for you and what you might gain from it. There have lots of things to do on a gap year like traveling, working or volunteering. Many students take it before university admission, which can be a productive way to spend a year.
A gap year can be a great opportunity to gain personal and employability skills and help to get work experiences and meet different cultures people. When you are planning for taking a study gap you should consider which activities will help you develop personally and intellectually, contribute to a good cause, and independence outside of formal education. You have to sell them whatever you have learned through the experience of your gap year.
The Impact of Study Gap on Studies Abroad
After so many years of schooling, many students want a break before going to professional work or tertiary studies. After THAT students may feel more energetic and refresh which could lead to more productivity or motivation for their studies. You can travel, see new places and have new experiences if you decide to work you will gain new skills.
There may have been some other reason for taking a gap that shows the student in a positive light for instance:
- When a person takes family responsibility it proves that they are mature, reliable, and in control.
- When you take a gap to build any language skills, it will help you to study abroad.
- Pursue an interesting area that furthers their career path like joining a certification course for computer language.
However, when students take a study break and pursuing the activities which are related to the target course, it will be beneficial.
A study gap adversely impacts the chances of higher education in another country. There are three problems which you can face after an education break:
- After a gap, some students find it hard to get back into their studies. They may not able to maintain discipline for regular study.
- You may be disconnected from friends who already join university, and you left behind 1 year.
- If you waste your gap for fun and do not show any productivity, this could give employers a bad impression.
Study Gap effects to study abroad
Aspiring students who have an aim to study abroad, the study gap can be a major problem for them. Some foreign countries do not accept any study gap. Let’s have a look at some important gaps reason which is acceptable.
- Reappear in exams because of low percentages. Sometimes students who do not get expected mark in their tenth or twelfth final exams they re-appear the exam for improving their scores which leads to a gap.
- Any family crisis which is not avoidable. In that case, you have to explain your problem honestly.
- Unavoidable or serious health issues. A critical health issue is impossible to avoid, it can take more time than
- Job stress, You have a study gap because you have joined a job before applying for any university. Students have to explain everything in the study gap certificate for the visa.
What Is Study Gap Certificate
Sometimes students drop one or more years before applying to university or school. After a gap when students apply for admission they are asked for a study Year Certificate or GAP Year Affidavit. Study gap certificate is an affidavit that is used to show a gap in education or further study. A government lawyer can help you to make it. Study gap certificate commonly used while students taking admission to any university having a gap. Any students over 18 years can take a break but less than 18 years old students require parent’s approval and signature.
Some important points of a gap certificate:
- Students name
- Guardian’s name
- Immediate degree
- Period of gap
- A statement that students do not involve any illegal activities during the gap year
A gap certificate states what you are doing during your gap periods. You can take a lawyer helps for making it, a study gap certificate state on a duly notarized stamp paper. You can find the stamp paper from any notary, sub-registry office or court and contact with an advocate to prepare the study gap certificate. You can get a basic format from the university where you are taking admission.
The Last Word
Typically study gap is a year-long break before of after college or university while students busy with various educational and developmental activities. Students who take study gap years have an opportunity to achieve growth in maturity and gain new skills which will be benefited for their future. A Study gap year can take any length. How a study gap will affects your college application to an international university it depends on the reason for the break. Every year, we have helped students to apply their applications in university and explain about study gap.
Moreover, our important suggestion is, if you have any study gap or you are in a study gap year, then make the Study gap certificate applying for abroad university.